Adult Ministries includes many areas.
- Imagine Ministries - Building and installing wheelchair ramps for the elderly or homebound. For more information on how to sign up to volunteer, call Susan Hughes.
- Christian kitchen - local soup kitchen where those in need get a hot mail five days a week. There is also a clothing closet and a food box ministry at the Christian kitchen. Call Susan Hughes for more information.
- Mission Day at Central - one day a month, several of our members gather to organize and distribute bags of food to the elderly in our community. Call Susan Hughes for more information.
- Disaster Relief - We have a trained team of volunteers who help with cleanup after a disaster. We do cleaning out homes after they've been flooded, storm debris removal, and tarping. To serve on a DR team, you must be UMCOR certified. We offer classes several times a year throughout our conference. Call Susan Hughes to sign up for training.
- Habitat for Humanity - our church is heavily involved in HFH. For more information on how to volunteer, call Susan Hughes
Adult Ministries Director
Susan has been working at Central for 21 plus years. She started as a children’s director and served in that position for three years and moved into a youth director position. She also served as youth minister for eight years before moving into the adult ministries department, where she is currently serving. She plans activities for adults of all ages, with a special emphasis on senior adults, She is also the coordinator for our Sunday School department, assisting our pastors with special events and services, planning fun activities and faith growth activities, homebound and sick visitation, helping our pastors in coordinating church-wide Bible studies, maintaining schedules such as, breakfast, Holy Communion, Advent, church van log book and upkeep and overseer of ushers and usher training, She also plans and involves our members in mission and outreach projects within our church, community and beyond, such as Imagine Ministries, Habitat for Humanity, Christian Kitchen, Disaster Relief, Mission Trips and others.