We have resumed in-person worship with our 9 am and 11 am worship services being conducted in the Sanctuary. We are so excited to welcome you all back to worship!
What will in person worship look like each Sunday for the immediate future? Here are the guiding principles that we are going to be following for the immediate future:
- Both Sunday morning worship services at 9 am and 11 am will be in the Sanctuary until further notice.
- When you come into worship, please be prepared to sanitize your hands. A masked, gloved usher will hand you a bulletin.
- Beginning on Sunday, September 13, we will have Children’s Sunday School and Church.
- We will be practicing social distancing with the pews clearly marked as to where you are able to sit and where you cannot.
- There will NOT be a fellowship time with coffee/donuts. Please, refrain from hugging, shaking hands, etc. Let’s continue to greet each other in love from a distance.
- Congregating in the Fellowship Hall, narthex, etc. will be discouraged to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Everyone needs to wear a MASK to worship. We will have a limited supply of masks for those who don’t bring their own, but we need for everyone to provide their own mask as much as possible. Remember, we are just as concerned about our own health as we are the health of those we go home to.
- All areas will be sanitized prior to each worship service. We will be wiping down doors, bathroom fixtures and other areas during worship as needed.
- We plan to celebrate Holy Communion beginning in October. We will be using the self-serve Communion elements, which will be picked up as you enter into the Sanctuary. We will celebrate Holy Communion near the end of the services. The altar can be used for individual prayer, but we ask for you to maintain social distancing.
- No one should attend worship if they have been in contact with an infected person, are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, chills) or just simply don’t feel well. If you feel fine, you are welcome to attend in person worship. Some of us haven’t been able to participate in worship online during the COVID pandemic…welcome back! Some of us feel it is the right time for our families to return…welcome back! Some of us would rather worship online for the immediate future. That’s ok!! Either way, we are supportive of the choices you make for you and your family.
- We will be using soloists, instrumentalists, and small praise band until further notice. We will not be engaging in congregational singing until further notice. This is to reduce our risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- We will NOT be passing the plate for the offering time. The offering boxes will be placed in the narthex so that you can place your offering there either before or after the worship service.
That is a lot of guiding principles, I know, and seems very restricting. These guidelines will not last forever and we want to make sure that we are “over the top” careful with all who come to worship. We are so thankful that our God has loved, provided for and protected each and every one of you. Let’s continue to protect each other!
With all that being said, we realize that there are those of you who do not want to resume in person worship at the moment because of personal concerns for yourself or someone you love. We support you, and we are in agreement that everyone needs to participate in worship however they feel comfortable and however they are ready to engage. You can still participate in worship virtually by watching our broadcast on Mediacom Channels 81 or 82.17, or on Central’s Facebook page with the 11 am Facebook Live streaming, or on Central’s YouTube channel on Monday. We are once again, "learning" as we go, so please be patient with us and each other as we seek to make worship as meaningful and accessible as possible for all.